Kyrgyzstan is a country of stunning natural beauty, and one of its most amazing attractions is the Altyn-Arashan resort. Located in the Tian Shan mountains, Altyn-Arashan is known for its thermal springs, picturesque scenery, and the hospitality of its people.
Altyn-Arashan Gorge is located 10 km east of the city of Karakol, in the valley of the Arashan River, there is a beautiful Altyn-Arashan gorge. One slope of the Altyn-Arashan gorge is overgrown with a dense spruce forest, and the other is covered with a colourful carpet of mountain herbs, flowers, berries and low shrubs. From wild animals in the gorge you can find mountain goats, morals, bears, wild boars and marmots.
The most famous and frequently visited place in the gorge is the hot springs with radon water. A few hours on a hike can lead to the moraine-glacial lake Kashka-Suu or the majestic waterfalls of Sharkyratma, Tash-Tektir, Kuldurek. At an altitude of more than 3,500 m there is another amazing lake Ala-Kul. The highest points to get from the Altyn-Arashan gorge is the Ak-Suu wall (5022 m) with a snow-white ice cap and a peak Soviet Russia (4900 m). You can only get there by prepared off-road vehicle or on foot.
Altyn-Arashan’s thermal springs are known for their healing properties. The water from the springs ranges in temperature from 36 to 50 degrees Celsius and contains a high concentration of minerals. It is said to help with a variety of ailments, including rheumatism, musculoskeletal disorders, and nervous system problems.
The people of Altyn-Arashan are known for their hospitality. They are happy to welcome guests and always willing to help. Here, you can stay in cozy guesthouses or traditional Kyrgyz yurts.
What to See and Do
Altyn-Arashan offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation. Here, you can go hiking in the mountains, swim in the thermal springs, go horseback riding, or simply relax and enjoy the beauty of nature.
Here are a few specific recommendations:
- Hiking to Ak-Suu Waterfall: The Ak-Suu Waterfall is located a few kilometers from Altyn-Arashan. It is one of the tallest waterfalls in Kyrgyzstan.
- Hiking to Ala-Kul lake: Ala-Kul Lake is located at an altitude of 3532 meters above sea level. Ala-Kul is known for its turquoise water, which reflects the surrounding mountains and forests and is a beautiful place to relax.
- Horseback Riding: In Altyn-Arashan, you can go on a horseback ride through the picturesque surroundings.
- Relaxing in the Thermal Springs: Altyn-Arashan’s thermal springs are a great place to relax and de-stress.
- Take some nice pictures and videos to remember later on about this travel.
Altyn-Arashan is truly a heavenly place that is sure to leave you with lasting memories. Here are some information about how to get to Altyn-Arashan gorge:
- By trekking. You can go to Altyn-Arashan by foot. The trek will take you from 3 to 5 hours. But for this trek you have to be prepared and equipped.
- By private off-road car or in an old Soviet car “UAZ”.
- With us ✨ We provide the best professional guide and transport services in English.
We are a team of experienced guides and drivers who are passionate about sharing the beauty of Kyrgyzstan with the world. We offer a variety of tours and activities, all of which are led by knowledgeable and friendly guides.
Our guides are fluent in English and are experts on the local culture and history. They will help you make the most of your trip by providing you with insightful information and insider tips.
Our transportation is safe, comfortable, and reliable. We use a variety of vehicles, including cars, vans, and buses, to ensure that you arrive at your destination safely and on time.
We are committed to providing our customers with the best possible experience. We are always striving to improve our services and make them even more enjoyable.
If you are looking for a truly unforgettable experience in Kyrgyzstan, then contact us today. We would be honoured to help you plan your perfect trip.